: Donation FAQ
CRY India Doantion FAQs
Leaving a Legacy FAQs
- Is there any advantage to donating online?
Yes. When you donate online, you help us twice over, as it is the most cost-efficient channel of collecting funds for CRY.
- Is it very complicated to donate online?
Not at all. It's simple and safe. Here's what you have to do to make a donation online the CRY site:
- Specify your donation details . Fill in your contact details. The more details you give us, greater the accuracy in contacting you for receipts, tax certificates.
- Specify the mode of payment.
- Your selection will be displayed for review - address, tax status and passport number and whatever you had entered at the time of registration (or changed subsequently). Please check the information carefully and make sure that it is correct. If not, change them as desired.
- Once you confirm that the details are correct, you will be taken to CitiBank payment gateway. Fill in your credit/debit card details. You will get an immediate confirmation of your donation. You will also receive an email message with a donation number.
- Do I need any special hardware or software to donate online?
No. But if this is the first time that you are doing any online transaction involving use of a credit card, you need to ensure that the transaction is secure. Upgrade to the High Encryption Pack.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer, select "Help" from the menu options. Select "About Internet Explorer" to find the cipher strength (encryption level) of your browser. If the cipher strength (encryption level) support is less than 128-bit, you may want to upgrade your browser.
- Is it safe to give my credit/debit card details online?
Sure it is. We adopt stringent security measures to ensure that critically sensitive information, such as your personal information and your credit/debit card details, are protected. These measures include the following:
- All your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the Internet. This guarantees that your information is inaccessible to any third party.
- We use industry-standard SSL (Standard Sockets Layer) Encryption Technology for data encryption.
- We have been certified as a VeriSign Secure site. Verisign is a leading US-based Net Authentication Agency which certifies that a site's transactions are secured by SSL encryption.
How can I donate online?
You can contribute by using your credit/ debit card online. Both Master and Visa areaccepted. However, we do not accept American Express credit cards on the CRY site.
- How safe is my personal information with CRY on the CRY site
- What if my address or phone number changes?
You have complete control over your personal information on the CRY site. You can change all your personal data - name, address, phone numbers, email id. However you cannot change your user id and password.
Why do you need my passport number?
We require this information for NRI (Non-Resident Indians) donors who are Indian citizens having an Indian passport. This is because their contribution goes into a separate account as per the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, (FCRA), 1976.
- I notice you have mentioned dollars, but can I donate in sterling pound or any other currency?
Online, on the website, we accept donations only in Indian Rupees. You can send in Cheques/ Demand Drafts via snail mail in any currency. CRY does not accept donations in cash.
- Are there any tax benefits for donating to CRY?
All donations to CRY are 50% exempt from tax under section 80G. We also offer 100% tax exemption under section 35AC and 80GGA. Please select the same during your online donation process.
- Will you send me tax exemption certificate?
Certainly. While specifying the details of your donation, just mention that you wish to claim tax benefits. The tax exemption certificate will reach you within 45 working days.
- How do I contact you regarding my donation?
For more assistance or information on donating to CRY please do write to the CRY office nearest to you or email us at email@example.com
- CRY's partnership with third party vendors and agencies to raise funds. Tell me more
Donations from individuals are the mainstay of CRY's fundraising efforts. We make all attempts to enlist in this movement for children each of the concerned individuals who come from every walk of life and every corner of the globe. To enable us do this, we send direct appeals, updates via snail mail and email. We also use other avenues like face-to-face marketing and tele-marketing to reach out to individuals. CRY partners with third party agencies to support us in our work. Each representative / DSA (direct sales agent) from the agencies will carry with them -
- an identification card stating clearly that he/she is a CRY representative. The card will also carry the CRY brand logo and contact details of our offices.
- the relevant CRY literature
Should you like more information on CRY or would like to confirm the identity of the representative or any specific detail in his/ her presence, please contact any of the CRY offices. The representatives are not authorized to collect/ ask for / accept any cash donations for CRY. Only a cheque or demand Draft in favour of CRY- Child Rights and You will be accepted by them.
Note: CRY does not ask for cash donations.