Location: 35 villages of Manjhanpur, Kaushambi and Saraswan blocks of kausahambhi district, Allahabad division
Nature of Initiative: Implementing
Project holder: Mr. Parvej Rizvi
CRY support since: 1999 – 2000
- 165 children were re-enrolled in schools
- 11 girls assisted with Rs. 20,000 under the welfare scheme for girls “Hamaari Beti Uska Kal”.
- 7 forms were filled for the housing Welfare Scheme
- 80% successful institutional deliveries were done
- 609 children from 0-1 years got complete immunization
- 338 children got double nutrition and 187 children received referrals
DVUS has been associated with CRY for over 16 years and it has constantly strived to bring a difference and overall improvement in the lives of children. Since a long time the organization has been involved in community mobilization and networking with local resources and organizations. The issues of children especially education and health have been addressed well. Throughout the years, it has constantly strived to bring difference and improvement in the lives of children. The dedicated and committed DVUS team has put tremendous effort to establish the issue of malnourishment at the district level amongst the community, media and the administration. It has initiated periodic growth monitoring which give significant results in terms of grade movement. Infrastructure and services have been improving in health institutions as well. Efforts directed toowards advocacy are gradually yielding results where the District Magistrate issued an order for the immediate treatment of malnourished children. Earlier the interventions were focused on a more responsive approach and are gradually moving towards a more proactive and preventive approach in the case of malnutrition of children as strategised by the organization.