Location: 10 villages of Shankargarh block, Allahabad district
Nature of Initiative: Resource Org
Project holder: Mr. Kamlesh Chandra
CRY support since: 2004 – 2005
- Activation of 5 schools as per defined RTE norms
- Children have access to library facilities in the schools
- 127 children were facilitated scholarships through the efforts of the School Management Committee members
- Bal Gyan Vigyan Mela was organized in March in the intervention area
- 170 gilrs in Bahadurpur and 40 girls in Choti Kotari have been registered under Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Education Resource Society was formed with the objective of implementing education activism and training to NFE teachers. ERS has partnered with CRY as a resource organization to work on implementation of RTE act in the state. Prior to 2000, ERS acted as part of Vikramshila Education Resource Society (VERS) and focused on imparting training to NFE teachers in intervention areas. Some of the major programmes of ERS are activation of schools, enrolment of children in Goverment Schools, demand for schools, learning corner in government schools, highlighting the Right to Education violation cases and issues affecting child rights, adolescent girls group formation, scanning of other blocks of the Allahabad district to find the most marginalized and vulnerable blocks with respect to child rights issues.
ERS is developing its capacities and constantly craving for learning and innovation. With the identified new areas, there is an extensive need to work on varied child rights issues such as education, health, malnutrition etc. ERS is working towards developing a holistic approach on Child Rights issues and work for them.