Location: Raichur district, Karnataka
Nature of Initiative: Implementing
Project holder: Mr. Ambanna Aroli
CRY support since: 2009 – 2010
- 50 identified malnourished children have been monitored and improvement and it was recorded that 11 children have started gaining weight
- Birth registrations for 579 children have been issued
- 32 drop out children were re-enrolled into schools
- People have started raising demands for up-gradation of the school and shifting it to safer location.
- Issues of repair of the Anganwadi Centers and sanction of new Anganwadi Centers, provision of electricity, drinking water and gas connection at Anganwadi Centers have been taken up
Sneha Jeevi Samsthe (SJS) was established to provide and spread educational opportunities for the children from the deprived communities and facilitate access to resources to enable them to lead a dignified life in 50 villages, 15 slums of 4 talluks of Raichur district in Karnataka. The strength of the initiative lies in the clarity among the team members on the programmes planned, the ideology followed and participatory planning and decision making. The Project Holder believes in the rights based work approach and has experience in movement building and has a good network with other likeminded organizations and movements. The major thrust and key focus areas is on infant mortality, hunger and malnutrition, improving status of health of the malnourished children, school enrollment through education campaigns and retention of children in schools and evolving long term plans, structures for community based organizations at the Gram Panchayat/Taluka and District level.