Location: 14 villages in 5 Gram Panchayats under Tendukheda Block in Damoh district, MP
Nature of Initiative: Implementing
Project holder: Mr. Govind Singh Yadav
CRY support since: 2007- 2008
- 100% birth registration have been ensured
- 100% enrolment of children in Anganwadi Centers
- 17 SAM children have been admitted to NRC
- 14 children are no longer malnutritioned
- Growth monitoring has started across all ICDS centres and overall improvement of child health has been recorded at the centres
- 3 new ICDS centers have been opened
Gramin Vikas Samiti (GVS) was established in year 1989 and presently based in Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh. The main focus areas of the organization are activation of government schemes and programmes with regards to women and child rights, livelihood issues including land and forest rights, implementation of Forest Right Act, NREGA, grooming of childrens groups and leadership and also building community leadership by strengthening community based organizations.
In association with CRY, the organization has demonstrated significant achievements by intervening & addressing child rights issues, particularly in the context of health, nutrition & education. Efforts by the partner have led to several positive outcomes in this area.