Location: 19 villages in 2 Panchayats, Paikmal Block, Bargarh district, Odisha.
Nature of Initiative: Implementing
Project holder: Prasanta Kumar Nayek
CRY support since: 2011 – 2012
- They are now aware about the different causes of malnutrition
- Concrete data is available on malnutrition for further advocacy
- Institutional deliveries are now predominant
- Children are aware on the importance of hygiene and sanitation and are practicing it deligently in school & at home
- The community is aware about the importance of education and RCCs
Palli Alok Pathagar (PAP), Nagaon (B) was established in 1959 as a library with a view to educate the local people and to create an environment of education for a better livelihood of poor and marginalized communities. Palli Alok Pathagar as an organization has been working on child related issues since its inception. Over a period of time the organization has intensively been working on the issue of migration. The focus of this project has been on child rights issues in general with special focus on migrant children. Currently, the project is focussing on malnutrition and ensuring enrollment and retention of children in the schools. The project will also be enhancing its focus on how to reduce the rate of child migration and ensure safe environment for the children by advocating for seasonal RCCs. They will also look at linking their families with various social security schemes and formation of children’s group to ensure complete participation in the decision making processes.