Location: Sitapur, Sarguja, Chhattisgarh
Nature of Initiative: Implementing
CRY support since: 2015 – 2016
The situation of protection of children in 20 old villages and 10 new villages of sitapur block is very poor, as the adolescent girls are at home due to low enrolment and forced to drop out after middle school due to lack of teachers, lack of transport facilities. there is lack of awareness among the parents.
- Identification of all vulnerable families and children from 20 old villages and 10 new village of sitapur block.
- Identification of all agents, ways and methods of traffiking and 100% *Identication of trafficking cases from 20 old villages and 10 new villages of sitapur block.
- 95% of children in the age group 6 to 18 yrs from 20 old villages and 10 new villages are enrolled and regularly attending school.
- Bal Mitra Samuha from 20 old villages and 10 new villages of sitapur block to play active role in addressing the issue of trafficking.
- The organization had developed a format for conducting the vunerable study. The staff conducted door to door survey to identify vulnerable families from 20 villages.
- The organization has enrolled 35 children in school and these children has been linked with education schemes like scholarship.
- 30% children from the most vulnerable families linked to school scholaeship program.
- 55 traffickers identified and out of these 55, 4 are main agents.
- 19 old missing cases identified, 6 new missing case identifed.