Job Title: District Resource Person – Development Support (Rajasthan, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu & Gujrat)
Tenure: Position is contractual subject to renewal based on performance and continuation of the project
Function /Division: Development Support
Location: Rajasthan : Chittorgarh, Bikaner districts
West Bengal : Birbhum, Purulia districts
Tamil Nadu : Virudhunagar, Perambalur districts
Gujrat : The Dangs, Patan, Dahod, Sebarkanta, Kheda, PanchMahal, Chhota Udaipur Districts
At CRY – Child Rights and You, you’ll be using your professional skills and experience to help restore to underprivileged Indian children their basic rights to – survival, development, protection and participation. CRY has a holistic approach to development based on the child rights framework with community empowerment as a key ingredient. CRY also places strong emphasis on networking with other NGOs and advocacy efforts to influence macro policies for children.
This position will focus on Adolescent Empowerment and Ending of Child Marriage and is supported by UNICEF.
- Oversee the implementation of the Adolescent Empowerment and ending of child marriage project in the District.
- Strengthening of government mechanism, system and structure at district, block and community level towards empowerment of adolescent and ending of child marriage.
- Capacity building of stakeholders towards strengthening delivery of overall services (including education, health, child protection, local self governance, play and recreation, life skills) for empowering adolescents
Specific Role & Responsibilities:
- 1. Act as a focal point for implementation of the Adolescent project in the district as per the plan of action agreed between CRY and UNICEF.
- 2. Advocacy, networking and Liaison with government stakeholders, District Collectors, and other relevant departments.
- 3. Facilitate and take forward the engagement with stakeholders and build working relationships with counterparts like ICDS, DCPU, Health and other stakeholders as appropriate
- 4. Facilitate need based training for government officials on thematic areas at the district and block level ensuring program efficiency/ serviceability, stake holder engagement
- 5. Provide support/orientation wherever required to the available networks, platforms in the district
- 6. Identify field level challenges, gaps in the systems and addressing them with relevant support
- 7. Maintaining MIS of the District related to the programme.
- 8. Documentation of innovations, successful processes, programme learning and challenges
- 1. Maintenance of financial utilisation MIS as per the budget.
- 2. Complete adherence to transparency and accountability in all expenditure as per guidelines of CRY.
You must be a Masters’ degree/PG Diploma from a recognized university in Social Work/ Social Science/Humanities/ Development Communication, LLB/LLM,etc. You must have 6-8 years experience in the field of urban or rural development, of advocacy and networking with the block, district and state administration in the arena of Human Rights/ Child Rights. Working Knowledge on the thematic area of Protection and having experience of working with and for the rights of adolescents will be an added advantage. Strong written and oral communication skills in English, a working knowledge of the local language and experience of having worked with communities within the state of preference would be an added advantage. Competent in working with Power point, Excel and Ms Word. Clear understanding of child rights issues, especially adolescent issues, schemes, legislations and policies and implementation structures of the government.
Write in :
Please email your application mentioning the post applied for, or write in for more details to firstname.lastname@example.org